Short Order Cook
Bahle Farms is looking for energetic short order Cook(s) for our clubhouse kitchen. As Bahle Farms increases its food and beverage offerings, we are looking for a strong, self-motivated person to join our kitchen team.
This is a seasonal position starting weekends only May 1st but opening to the full week June 1st through October 31st. Training to begin in April.
- Set-up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare a variety of foods by cutting, chopping, mixing and preparing
- Cook food items by grilling and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards
- Cover, date and store all pieces and food prep items
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with safety regulations
- Always maintain a prepared and sanitary work area
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Open/Close kitchen correctly and efficiently
- Answer, report, and follow the Kitchen Manager’s instructions
- Perform inventory checks and complete food storage logs
Work Hours and Benefits:
Shifts are 10:00am-4:00pm daily with some weekends and holidays required. All employees receive complimentary golf and 50% off food items. Overtime is available.
- Dedication to quality: inspect and test food prior to serving
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and ability to multitask
- Able to adhere to the instructions of the kitchen manager and be a team player
- Time management: the ability to prioritize tasks
- Promote and maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and willing to work both indoors (kitchen) and outdoors (grill).
- No experience required but preferred.
Location: Suttons Bay